5.02.2008

i got an offer!

which is such a relief. i'll be working for the bookstore, and probably waiting tables. i'm excited as my new boss seems like she's very people oriented and has runs a tight ship, and it's a much busier store than i'm used to. but mostly i'm just thrilled that i'll be freaking employed. eating is very important to me.

the time frame is a fast turnaround. i report to work out there June 1. so that means my last day of work here is the 21st, and i'm hoping to leave town by the 24th. my mom is going to drive out there with me, which will be good and also filled with bickering i'm sure. i'm going to invest in audio books and earplugs. for her sake and mine. i wonder if we can get an announcement on the emergency broadcast system to warn anyone w/in a 100sq mile radius from where we'll be.

1 comment:

mimi said...

Yah!
Can't you just rent a bullhorn to place on top your car to warn those within ear shot of it that you and your mom are quickly approaching? God I hope so. At any rate, just get out here alive, that's all I ask or hope.